The life and times of OMPC. Born Thanksgiving Day 2001.


























 
Archives
<< current













 
If you want to add something to Oscar's baby-blog, send an email to megan@alpha60.com and we can set it up so you can post...



























oscar's life
 
Friday, May 24, 2002 6:33 AM posted by Oscar  
Walked downtown with Oscar today. He had a nice long nap, was in a good mood and it was a beautiful day--it really helped get me out of the cabin-fever-induced funk that I've been in all week. He's sitting on my lap as I write...

I read in the Post that babies at this age have the most heightened ability to recognize faces. Not only can they tell the difference between people, but they can actually identify and recognize individual monkeys. Apparently most of us lose this ability after age two. It made me think of the day that Shannon came over with her dog Oliver (and Skip was visiting). It was the third or fourth time that Oscar had seen Oliver, but it was the first time he really *saw* him and realized he had a face. You could really see Oscar look processing Oliver's face through some mental database of faces and then realizing how different it was. He started laughing hysterically--to the point that it was almost scary. He quickly wore himself out with the hilarity of it all and then had a major temper tantrum to blow off some steam. I wonder if all babies are as emotionally intense as he is...



 
This page is powered by Blogger.